Let the Local Community Know About Your Moving Business
To be successful, your company has to become a local household name. It should become the default go-to provider for people who are looking to relocate. For example, most people think of 7-11 whenever they need a quick drink or snack in the middle of the night. That’s what you need to become.
To do this, you have to successfully tap into the local community.
Here are some tips on how you can spread word about your moving business.
- Attend all possible networking opportunities – Whether it’s a town hall meeting or local fundraiser, make sure to attend every single event where you can get a chance to meet people. The more visible you are at these events, the more people you’ll know and the more people will know about you and your business.
- Sponsor local events – A lot of local events need sponsors to aid their funds. Choose specific programs and sponsor an event or two. Just make sure that the target market is right and that you will be given the proper exposure (for example: logo insertions in marketing collaterals, speaking slots, etc.)
- Create your own local project or event – You can also create events of your own. This way, you will surely get sole marketing attention.
- Get a booth at fairs or festivals – Find out where the locals meet and target big gatherings like country fairs, farmer’s markets, craft fairs if you’re after quantity. Small intimate events are great as well for quality this time, because you’ll get a bigger chance to be seen and heard.
- Make news – Create an article and send it over to the local newspaper. The aim is to give them something that’s news-worthy so that they will publish it. If you craft the right “press release”, they may even choose to publish it for free. To do this, think of an interesting angle.
- Advertise on local sites or newspapers – You will definitely have to spend money on this, but it’s a sure way to get the word out.
- Take your business cards everywhere you go –Awhile ago we mentioned all sorts of events and gatherings. Let’s not forget one of the essential things you have to remember- ALWAYS bring your business card with you. Make sure that your card has your company’s contact details and hand it over together with a short spiel about your moving business too.
As a last note, remember that the key to tapping local communities is to blend in and become part of the community itself.