Honesty as a Proven Strategy
Some people think that to get ahead in business, you have to try and take advantage of every single opportunity even it means hurting other people or being unfair in your dealings. In the moving industry, while dishonesty can help you get through a few tight spots, it will be very harmful for you in the long run.
Honesty is a tried and tested business strategy that has been implemented by the biggest and best companies in the world. If you want to succeed, itâ€™s time to straighten and clean up your game.
Ways to Show Honesty
Honesty is a must for every aspect of your operations. Honest business actions may include:
- Using fair measuring tools
- Being fair when creating estimates and quotations
- Showing clients your updated tariff
- Being clear about what your services will cover
- Honesty about your capabilities, facilities and schedule
- Paying back customers forÂ validÂ loss or damage claims
- Paying the right amount of taxes
- Being fair with business partners
- Living up to your promises and claims
Advantages of Being an Honest Moving Company
There are numerous advantages to being an honest business. Here are just some them:
- It will inspire your employees â€“ Honest leaders train honest employees
- It builds a great relationship with customers â€“ Honesty creates trust between you and your customers. This is the basis of referrals and recurring business.
- Helpful business contacts Â – If you are honest to your business contacts/suppliers, you will have sound relationships with them which is important for projects or problems in the future.
- It creates a good, trust-worthy image for your company â€“ This is what all companies aspire for. A bad image will spell doom for your business.
- More customers â€“ Having a good reputation spreads. Satisfied customers will recommend you. Colleagues will say good things about you. The result? More customers!
- Good standing with creditors and investors â€“ This will be great for expansion or during times of trouble. You can kiss goodbye to financial support if your records are all shady or if you cheat on your taxes.
- Good Karma â€“ Like they say, what goes around, comes around right? You get what you give. More often than not, this happens in the field of business too.
- You can sleep soundly at night â€“ Knowing that you are honest with your clients and business dealings will help you to sleep soundly at night. Nothing beats the feeling of knowing that you did well with your passion. Your family will even be proud of you.
Being Honest Pays Better
In the end, being a trustworthy mover will be part of your long-term identity. The problem with it is that it can easily get shattered by just one major complaint from an irate customer. So whenever you find yourself at a crossroads on whether or not to take the high road, just remember that gaining a few extra bucks in one project is nothing compare to losing thousands of dollars in potential revenue. One small lie or dishonest act will reverberate and come back to you tenfold.
The biggest players in the industry work hard to keep a good image for a reason. Businesses achieve greatness by doing honest to goodness business and offering excellent service. Itâ€™s hard to establish and get recognized for it, but when it does happen, youâ€™ll be reaping bountiful rewards.
Lying and cheating your way through business is suicide, like youâ€™re throwing away everything youâ€™re worked so hard for down the drain. So always think twice and think about what it is that you really want for your business.