Moving Insurance BakerIntl.com
Who is Baker International Insurance?
Baker International Insurance (www.bakerintl.com) is an insurance agency was created for the exclusive purpose of providing quality claim services and designing 100% replacement cost moving insurance policies. The goal is to protect the household goods of people who are planning local, intrastate, interstate and even international relocations. The coverage for these policies are provided and underwritten by top-calibre insurance companies from all over the globe.
The company has been operating since 1981, providing comprehensive household goods insurance to meet the needs of corporate transferees and private individuals who are moving within the United States or even overseas. They take pride in providing in house claim services.
Moving Insurance with Baker International
Here are some of the advantages of choosing Baker International Insurance:
- Baker is one of the most respected names in moving insurance, most companies recognize it as an industry leader
- The company has been providing insurance and claim services for over 25 years now
- Their insurance policies are underwritten by AM BEST A Superior Insurance Companies
- Should your belongings go into a storage facility (even if it’s unexpected) Baker will provide you coverage for up to 90 days, FREE OF CHARGE.
- Baker International is proud of their claim service which offers processes that are expedited and handled in a professional manner.
- Claims are adjusted in a consistent manner, regardless of the forwarder or van line you have hired.
- This insurance agency recognizes the patterns of loss and damage and therefore also offers recommendations to the transporting company on how to prevent future damages or losses.
Getting Insurance Policies for Moving
According to Baker International, here are some of the benefits of availing insurance:
- Certificate of Insurance is issued to each customer specifying the terms and conditions of the “All Risk” Insurance policy, which provides comprehensive protection for household goods against loss or damage. The policy includes Replacement Cost Coverage with several deductible options to reduce your cost.
- A Certified Property and Casualty claim adjuster processes each claim in the same manner, regardless of van line or forwarder you selected.
- Claims are settled directly by claim adjusters, not employees of the van line or the forwarder.
- Insurance covers damage or loss from causes such as Acts of God, hurricanes, high winds, tornadoes, and earthquakes, riots, strikes, civil commotion, fire, theft, etc.
- Shippers receive a “Certificate of Insurance” outlining all provisions, stipulations and exclusions.
- Insurance is usually less expensive, even with these added benefits.
- If your household goods go into storage, insurance includes, at no additional cost, coverage for a period of time, usually up to 90 days. If your storage period exceeds 90 days it is possible to obtain extension coverage, at a nominal cost.
How soon can you purchase insurance through Baker International?
Baker International Insurance recommends that you purchase insurance for your goods as soon as you have decided on a moving company/mover. In order to avoid a rush or expedited fee you should purchase your insurance at least 48 hours or 2 days before your actual moving date.
There be a change in your moving date
(after you’ve already made a purchase), you should notify Baker International at least 24 hours before the moving date.
How do I file a damage claim?
Should your items experience damage or get lost during the transport, you should immediately contact Baker International. You can visit their website (http://bakerintl.com/) and download a claim form. You can also call them at 940-270-3200 to request for a claim form. You should do this right away, not more than 90 days after the date of delivery.
Baker International will then settle the claim within their goal of not more than 30 days after the receipt of the claim is met.
Baker International Insurance