Make Clients Remember Your Moving Company
There are a lot of players in the moving industry. In fact, the competition is so fierce that many are having a hard time trying to stand out.
If you are currently facing this problem then you better listen up. The key lies in making clients remember you. Yes, there may be a lot of competition out there, but you have to make sure that you are the first one that comes into their minds.
Here are some tips on how to make your clients remember you:
- Use uniform for you moving crew – Uniforms are not only a sign of professionalism, they are also a great way to make your customers remember your company. In addition to this, every time your employees go about their business, your clients neighbours will notice and take note of you as well. A good uniform involves matching shirts as well as a (baseball) cap with your company logo on them.
- Mark your moving truck – Your moving truck is your biggest and most visible piece of advertising. Make sure that your truck is properly labelled with your company logo and some basic contact info. This way, even if you’re just stuck in highway traffic, you can make people notice you.
- Advertise with the company’s phone number – Whenever you advertise whether it’s online or on local newspaper ads, make sure that you include contact details that customers can use to reach you. Aside from your phone number, you can also include a website URL or email address.
- Always have your business card ready – Every moment is a great moment for networking. Each time you meet a new person, hand them your business card. After meeting a customer for the first time, give them your card too.
- Have a website or online portfolio – Some customers prefer to do an online search first before they touch base with a company. Make sure that you are ready for this and that your site is the first link they see in Google, Yahoo or Bing.
- Create brochures or flyers – For walk-ins or for giving away.
- Create a catchy tagline – Always have this present with your logo. Make sure your tagline or slogan is catchy. At the same time, it should put your company in a positive light.
- Live and breathe your company – You and your employees are best sales men and ambassadors for your company. To make sure that a client remembers you, make sure that they know about it in the first place. Include it in everyday conversations and make it a part of you.
There is one umbrella term that covers all of the tips above- Marketing. Effective marketing equates to amazing sales. If you are successful in making your customers remember you, then you are well on your way to business success.