How to Find a Reputable Moving Company
What to expect ...
Thousands of moves happen in the United States each year. And for the vast majority of those, there is usually a moving company that was hired because of their excellent services. Clients rely on movers in order to make their relocations fast, efficient and hassle-free. This is possible thanks to the following services:
- Packing – Packing is a tedious and time-consuming task, plus, you can also risk the safety of your possessions and yourself too if you don’t know how to do it properly, this is especially helpful with big items like furniture and appliances. Professional movers can do this for you.
- Loading – They will carry your boxes, crates and other heavy items to their truck. With their help, there’s no need for you to strain yourself.
- Transport – Moving companies will use their resources and manpower to deliver your things to your new home. Truck, gas, toll and everything in between are all taken care of.
- Unloading – Upon arrival at your new address, they will unload their truck and bring everything inside your house as well.
- Unpacking – Remember all of those things packed earlier? The movers will unpack everything carefully and for heavy items they will even place them for you (for items such as gas stoves, bath tubs, etc.).
- Storage Services –Most professional movers offer this service and it may cost you additional charges. The best companies offer FREE storage of up to 30 days, just make sure to ask for their exact warehouse address and inquire if their facility is climate-controlled.
- Insurance – Reputable companies may also include insurance for your goods. This is important to ensure that they will take good care of your items, and in case of any mishap or emergency, you shall be well compensated for it.
Factors that spell excellence
Here are the things that you should look out for when you’re searching for top-notch professional moving companies:
- Clear company information – This includes their mailing address, phone numbers, email addresses etc. Make sure that they are real and not made up.
- Licenses – Look for their Department of Transportation (DOT) Number and Motor Carrier Number
- Good BBB ratings – Great movers have grades of A and A
- Availability – It’s always good to get a company that offers 24/7 customer support and assistance
- Experience – The longer they’ve been in the moving industry, the better.
How do you find the a reputable moving company in your area?
Thanks to online quote providers like Top Mover Quotes, you no longer have to waste precious time trying to search for the best movers in your area. If you would like a quote fill out a form today and we will get back to you quickly with a selection of great companies.